Gelek Rimpoche's fall visit to the Netherlands is planned from 12-29 November:
- Thursday and Friday, 12 & 13 November from 19.30 - 21.30, public talks in Nijmegen.
- Saturday 14 Nov 16.00 -19.00 "1,000 Armed Avalokitesvara Initiation as Part of Introduction to Vajrayana"
- Sunday 15 Nov from 14.00 - 16.00 "Four-Armed Avalokitesvara Initiation"
- Thursday 19 November from 19.00 - 22.00 "Heruka Outer Five Deity Initiation"
- Friday 20 November from 16.30 - 21.30 "Heruka Outer Five Deity Initiation"
- Saturday 21 November (Tsog Day) from 14.00 - 19.00 "Vajrayogini Initiation" (ending with tsog)
- Sunday 22 November from 12.00 - 15.00 "Vajrayogini teaching"
- Sunday 22 November from 17.00 - 18.00 "Sundays with Gelek RImpoche" webinar
- Monday - Saturday, 23 - 28 November from 11.00 - 13.00 and 14.00 - 16.00 "Vajrayogini teachings"
- Sunday, 29 November from 12.00 - 15.00 "Vajrayogini teaching"
- Sunday, 29 November from 17.00 - 18.00 "Sundays with Gelek Rimpoche" webinar
For more information about Sundays with Gelek Rimpoche (webcasts at 17.00 CET), and for more information about retreats click here.
Jewel Heart is committed to ensuring as many opportunities as possible to study and benefit from Gelek Rimpoche’s teachings.
Among them you will find audio and video dharma through digital downloads, transcripts of Gelek Rimpoche’s teachings spanning back to the mid-80’s, and a webcast subscription service providing both live video and on demand audio and video events and teachings by Gelek Rimpoche and other guests.
Film about Gelek Rimpoche
"American Rimpoche: A Tibetan Lama in the 21th century"
The American Rimpoche is a biographical film about Gelek Rimpoche, a former Tibetan monk now citizen of the United States. The film interweaves conversations with him, his students and key players in America’s adoption of Tibetan Buddhism.
The film will be shown on the Buddhist Film Festival in Amsterdam on 4 October 2014.
Open meditation evenings
For those who are interested in meditation or who want to meditate together with others: every Friday night (holidays excluded) there is an open meditation evening in the Jewel Heart Center from 20:00 – 21:00 hrs. Doors open at 19:30 hrs.
The meditation is led by senior students. We practice breathing mindfulness meditation, walking and listening meditation or visualisations. These nights are great to find your own ''breathing space'' and calm your mind.
On 3 October 2014 there will be no meeting because of the public talk by Alfred Woll.